Because of the support from Members and Customers like you, in 2019 we were able to return over $150,000 back into the communities we serve in. And we had a lot of fun doing it! We are looking forward to continuing our community investment in 2020.
This occurred in several different ways and events including: Fuel Good Day, Community Spaces, Casual Friday Donations, Scholarships, Barbecues, Event Sponsor, Prize Donations, Volunteer Hours, Cash Donations and more!
Organizations included Schools and Youth Groups, Community Groups, Non-Profit Organizations, Local Sport Teams, Co-op Initiatives and Promotions, Agriculture and 4-H, Arts and Health, and more in the areas of Weyburn, Milestone, Lang and Beaubier.
For a full list of organizations we have supported in the past 2 years, please see the attachment below.
Other way Prairie Sky Co-op contributed to the local economy in 2019:
- 187 employees that live in the Prairie Sky Co-op trading area,
- $7.4 million in salaries that are then returned and spent mostly in the community or to support other local businesses,
- $2.7 million in equity paid back to local membership,
- $173,000 paid in local property taxes
- 3,900 employee volunteer hours